Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Connections via #2 Whoopie!!!

Ello there mates, (sorry, I didn't know hot to greet you all). Welcome to my first post about connections. Most of the coincidental similarities I shall be discussing today connect my two favorite television shows, FRIENDS and Cougar Town. Do you think you can handle it,,,,well try. *Drum roll Please* I'll start you all off easy.
-One of the more obvious connections includes the fact that both shows have 3 men and 3 women, as the 6 main characters, who sit around and drink with no apparent need to go to work.
-Also both shows have Courteney Cox in every episode. With me so far losers, whoops I mean viewers? Good.
-Next up, thanks to a super confidential source (youtube), I know for a fact that Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, and Jennifer Aniston had a cobb salad pretty much every day for ten years while working on FRIENDS. In Cougar Town, Courteny Cox plays a character named Jules Cobb.
-Thea Mann, a producer of Cougar Town, guest starred on an episode of FRIENDS as a sleep clinic worker in one of the earlier seasons.
-Both shows have characters that make up and play wacky songs on the guitar (Grayson on Cougar Town and Phoebe on FRIENDS).
-Bill Lawrence, the creator of Cougar Town, was a writer on the first season of FRIENDS.
-And lastly, for now of course, everyone knows Jon Favreau from Rudy. Correct? Well if you don't look it up now and well, re-renter the world. In Season 1 Episode 7 of Cougar Town Bobby and Andy join Grayson in watching Rudy at his house. (Before I continue I MUST say how entertaining and utterly hilarious it was to watch these three grown men crying over this movie. I would recommend the episode for just this :D). In season 3, Jon Favreau guest starred on FRIENDS as Monica's love interest.
Well folks, that's all I have for now. More connections will be coming up soon. Trust me...there is LOTS more. Warning: next time we shall expand beyond the horizons of FRIENDS and Cougar Town. Get ready to compare Sex and the City (the series) and Cougar Town/Dirt. Are you pumped?!!? Well then get pumped...now....do it. GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment