Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Last Airbender review by #1, the ultimate Avatar Lover. (I write in red because of the Fire Nation and bending and Zuko...etc)

(#1) Well this is what I thought about the new movie The Last Airbender. As was previously said before, I am absolutely obsessed and crazy and insane an I ran out of adjectives for the show Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Legend of Aang (yes. I am a loser and I did write the entire title... so ha!). There were many things wrong and... no it was mostly wrong. But before I go into the movie I must admit that I am literally in love with Prince Zuko from the show. He is awesome and the sexiest man alive (along with Prince Naveen (yeah I like princes) and Cristiano Ronaldo (I love watching futbol for the games... not only the guys).
So with the wrong things I'll start with the pronounciation. I know that the director wanted the Asian pronounciation, but if you're remaking a show into the movie you should at least attempt to make it like the show as much as possible.
And the martial arts techniques are different for every element but in the movie it was all waving your arms around for a tiny tiny result. Terrible.... terrible... ew.
Then the ethnicities. All mixed up. The Monks are not mixed... the Earth Nation is mixed. The Earth Nation is not Chinese. The Monks are Chinese. The Water Nation (use to calling them tribe which is why it doesn't sound right on the tongue or look right. lol) is not White. The Fire Nation (sounds and looks right) is white and they are DEFINATELY not Indian. The Water Nation is more Native-like.
And the acting of everyone (except Dev Patel (Zuko. And this has nothing to do with my love for him. It's just that he was a good actor) was so horrible I was sad. Literally depressed from this.
The plot cut out most of the most important things (can't name them now. It's late an I'm tired... lol) and it was all screwed up. Things were mixed, interpreted wrongly, and the movie was mostly the episode "The Seige of the North part 1 and 2". But even then it was made badly and incorrectly. Actually quite horribly. O, and they showed Ozai, and Iroh wasn't fat, and the Blue Spirit had hair, and Zhao didn't have his sideburns. lol
Also the times were all off. In the show the entire time from beginning to end was 10 months not 3 years. And Iroh's seige of Ba Sing Se was 600 days not 100 days. And so on and so forth. Blah blah blah.
Basically, in my opinion (the mind of an insane an obsessive, lover of Avatar who literally wishes she could watch it all day every day an who has researched shiz like this cuz she's stupid girl talking... Jes) I believe ("Aang can save the world." lol. Avatar inside joke. lol) that it was a sad remake of the series and that it coul've been sooo much better.
Now for the good (ah. you thought there was no good. lol). Zuko was recreated very very very very very well. they cast him extremely well. lol. He was cool (shame you couldn't see his scar very clearly). Aang looks perfect actually but... no. lol. Katara was alright. The Waterbenders use Tai Chi an it was sort of alright in the film. Yue was perfect perfect. Sokka (or SOHKA) was actually not good. Never mind. lol. Momo looked great. lol. And my favorite parts were all the ones with Zuko of course but one was so awesome. lol. Katara was watching Aang as he traveled to the Spirit World and all of a sudden Zuko comes an they fight (and I loved their fight). Then when he defeats her he carries her to the tree, rests her down and touches her face and pulls a hair away from her face and tells her "I can't go home... unless I have the Avatar." I loved that part (because I always wanted Katara and Zuko to get together in the show because they had such chemistry an they seemed perfect together in the show. I ship them in canon because there were signs in every single season and countless episodes) And I also love the part where he has Aang and he's just talking to himself while Aang is unconscious. I thought that was perfect. I also just love every part where Zuko is in it. He is great in the movie. The best part, in my opinion.
I'm sorry about this rant-like message but it just had to be done. Next one won't be so serious... Sorry. lol

2 comments:

  1. Zuko... Yumnmmmm. I can't believe night! How dare he?!! He just dissapointed sooo many people! Not just children watch this show. If I could fire bend I would would burn him. Grrrrrr. Now, the only reason I will watch this movie is to see Dev Patel play Zuko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O crimson, you are smart. lol
    And jes. Zuko... yum. lol
    But I've warned you about the movie!! You've been warned! Muahahahahahha.

    ReplyDelete